Tuesday 18 November 2014

CASology 122 - Flag


This week's CASology Cue Card is Flag!



Since it's Christmas time, I chose the red, green and white of the Italian flag to make this simple but festive card.



Sometimes the best way to make a CAS card is to let your sentiment be your focal image. I chose a large-ish sentiment from Papertrey and stamped it in black before embossing it in clear. This gives a little shine and dimension. I then took a border stamp (also Papertrey, but from way, way back!) that has a line of dots spaced out. I only inked up 5 of the dots and stamped in green above and below the sentiment. Then I went back and inked up 4 in red and stamped them between the green dots.

For some extra little details, I cut the panel out with a pierced rectangle die (MFT) - I love these tiny dots - a little more subtle than the stitched edges, but still special. I layered my panel on silver foil cardstock and popped it up on the centre of the white card base. Finally,  I winked-then-glossed (a technique I learned from Anita while at the Lake House) each dot for sparkle, shine and dimension. So really, there's a lot here, but the overall look is still very clean, thanks to all that white space!

Now it's your turn!

18 comments:

  1. So striking! Love those enamel dots - they just pop right off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your interpretation of the cue...fabulous Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration, wonderful card!!! Festive and jolly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour combination! Another clever take on the cue card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the big sentiment and the mat behind the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I recognized the colors of the Italian flag...perfect for a Christmas card! Love the glossy dots...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and I love the pebbles at the top and bottom. That makes the card stand out. Good job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, and how you have highlighted the sentiment. Was not sure how it related to flag, until I read your post. Then, the light went on, and I don't know why I am embarrassing myself by admitting to my ignorance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea and large sentiments are such a joy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever take on the cue card Ardyth. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card... now I want pasta!
    =/ Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this card is awesome Ardyth! I love the colors, they really make the sentiment pop! And I love how CAS this card is with just the sentiment being the focus-love it!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm ... yummy, Ardyth ... delicious shimmery glossy dots, such a perfect frame for the large sentiment ... and those pierced edges mimic them beautifully (in a miniature kind of manner!) Thanks for the shout out, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. FAbulous take on the flag, wow! Easy but brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...awesome job stamping the dots within the dots! You must have been holding your breath as you laid the stamp down! The winking and glazing & glossing really add a nice pop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the simplicity of this card - a jolly card indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see its Italy Flag Ardyth...so clever idea to make this christmas card...and nice idea to make the sentiment pop up only with that tiny glossy dots..clever DT card Ardyth...wish you like to see my Golf Flag card...hugs...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clever thinking outside the box!!! :) Love this sentiment rich design with its perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.