Friday 27 April 2012

Playing Around

I don't have any challenge cards for today, so here's a mishmash of different things I've been doing over the past couple of weeks:


Something about the asymmetry  in this one is not sitting well with me - maybe I need a smaller swirl of dots so that it's not as close to the edges. But I do like the colours (and I'm dying to stamp "You're a Star" in the lower left corner, but do you think I can find that sentiment anywhere in my stash?! lol!)




This one and the next are products of my "You and Me" venn diagram card from the other day. This Hero Arts set comes with a number of &'s, and I thought it could make a nice wedding card, even without the Mr and Mrs. I started plain and simple in black and white, but I'm not sure people will get it (I may add to this to make the message clearer).



Then I went white on white, more traditionally 'wedding'. I embossed the edges of the cardbase  with the same silver pearl embossing powder as the ampersands, which I placed on a large acrylic block and then stamped to fill the panel. I think it's elegant, but still may need "Wedding Wishes" or something.



This was inspired by a lot of the nautical shirts and tops that are around this spring, along with an added pop of colour.




Finally, a fun clock inspired by a photo on Pinterest. All the 'numbers' and the hands were cut using the word window punch (and the hands' ends cut off with the corner of a square punch). Then they were placed using a protractor to ensure the correct angles (if you can believe it - who knew there was so much math in cardmaking?!) That's a brad in the middle, so you can move the hands if you want. Finished off with a fun sentiment from Paper Smooches.



3 comments:

  1. wow ! beautiful (I'm french, so sorry for the english !!!) I like everything !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe. Not just one card but four. They really fun cards. I like them all but i think number three is my particular favourite

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL your cards blow me away, they're so original. You inspire me to stop copying and start thinking out of the box. that's my goal, at least for today.

    Thanks,
    Bahb

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.