Saturday 20 April 2024

Happy Birthday Daisies

 

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (coral, white, blue, olive), Techniques (die cutting, stamping, embossing), Elements (flowers, scalloped circle mat, lots of layers, embossed background, ribbon, stamped sentiment on rectangle strip

INCLUDE: flowers, coral, white, stamping, die cutting

MODIFY: masked flowers, freshened the blue and olive to aqua and lime, created 'texture' on my background by doubling up the flower mask with a stencil, flowers are white, colours in the background, sentiment is stamped on rectangle with negative frame

EXCLUDE: scalloped circles, embossing, layers, ribbon

I reversed my inspiration by having white flowers on a coloured background. I reduced layers a lot by masking my flowers and then stenciling the 'texture' in my background. I simplified my sentiment by cutting a framed rectangle out of my panel, and then leaving the frame out when I popped everything up. 


1 comment:

  1. A fantastic use of the stencils and colour, Ardyth - and a wonderful result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.