Saturday 6 January 2024

Quilty Happy Birthday


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (red, white, green, yellow blue), Technique (disappearing 9, embossing, stamping), Elements (geometric panel, embossed background, birthday theme)

INCLUDE: red, white, green, yellow, blue, disappearing nine, embossing, geometric panel

MODIFY: die cut birthday sentiment instead of stamped, square card, embossed the geometric panel instead of the background

EXCLUDE: mats/frames

This was a really easy but fun technique! The only tricky thing is that you really need exact measurements on your squares and your cutting, for all the pieces to fit together properly. I also found that when I embossed the panel, it almost pulled the pieces away from each other a little bit, so I would probably leave that out.

Instead of using patterned paper, I used some almost-solid coloured gel print panels I had and added some darker ink blending through various stencils.



1 comment:

  1. Thank for the video on this fabulous card Ardyth - a great technique with a wonderful result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.