Saturday 27 January 2024

Geo Happy Birthday


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!


LIST: Colours (teal, yellow, gray, brown), Techniques (die cutting, heat embossing, stamping), Elements (horizontal petal shapes, heat embossed flowers, sentiment strip with dark mat, 2 pearls)

INCLUDE: teal, yellow, gray

MODIFY: petals run vertically, have extra die cut inlays to mix colours, sentiment is circle with dark mat, 3 gems instead of pearls, dark gray background

EXCLUDE: heat embossing, flowers, brown

SPIN: square card



I love when geometric shapes fit together like this to create a pattern. I created strips of coloured paper with 3 colours of ink, and then die cut all my petals. I mixed up my colours a bit more than Giovana did because of the way my petal die cuts nesting shapes all at once.  If you don't have these little nesting dies, you could get a similar look with larger nesting dies in simple shapes.

I finished with a very simple sentiment in a matted circle.






1 comment:

  1. An amazing result from your die cutting, and mixing and matching the cut outs, Ardyth. Love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.