Saturday 7 October 2023

Ornamental Plaid



Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (red, green, yellow, gray, black, white) Techniques (stamping, colouring, die cutting) Elements (plaid, gems, branch with ornaments, lantern, scalloped mat, branches with berries, angled sentiment on mat)

INCLUDE: green, white, stamping, die cutting, plaid, ornaments, sentiment in top left corner, lots of mats

MODIFY: added pink and blue, stenciled/stamped plaid, round matted sentiment

EXCLUDE: branches, lantern, gems




I love the classic, rustic feel of the plaid, branches and ornaments in my inspiration, but I gave it a more modern feel with brighter almost-traditional colours and a custom stenciled and stamped plaid background.

I repeated the ornament portion of a postage stamp Christmas layered stencil set to create my row of ornaments. Then I created my own matching plaid with the same colours, and another layering stencil set. I stamped the coordinating stamp over top, and didn't get it quite lined up properly, but it still looks great - I think that's the sign of a well-designed product!

I was pretty sure I was going to change the location of my sentiment - that top left corner is unusual to me. I tried a few different ideas, and landed on this little stamped sentiment on a white circle with a black mat, and I think it looks just right - that's one of the things I love about this challenge - I often end up making something I would never have come up with on my own!





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - and talk about a brilliant way to stretch the postage collage stencil images! You're brilliant!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful result Ardyth, and I love the contrast of the round sentiment spot with the geometric design of the plaid
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.