Saturday 27 May 2023

Happy Birthday!


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!



LIST: Colours (white, gold, yellow, aqua, red, green), Techniques (stamping), Elements (4 square grid with stripes (or crimping?), balloons, rings, birthday sentiment on white strip)

INCLUDE: white, gold, yellow, aqua, red, green, stamped sentiment on white, 4 square grid, ring,

MODIFY: stamped stripes instead of crimping, sentiment stamped on centre circle, gold ring as frame for sentiment, dew drops instead of balloons

EXCLUDE: balloons

SPIN: square card

I love the bright colours, and I love a square grid, so choosing this happy inspiration was easy! One of my favourite details was having the lines on the squares change from vertical to horizontal and back - such a simple thing, but a ton of visual impact!

For the first time, I used my Altenew stampwheel with a cling stamp by removing the sticky mat (similar to removing the mousepad from a MISTI). It worked great!




2 comments:

  1. Amazing card! I thoroughly enjoyed watching you create this design on your YouTube video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Ardyth - so very effective, but a simple technique, and a stunning result.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.