Saturday 25 February 2023

Daisy Happy Birthday

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (black, 2 pinks, 2 greens, white), Techniques (layered die cuts), Elements (3 flowers with leaves, white script birthday sentiment, pink frame)

INCLUDE: black, pink, green, white, white die cut birthday sentiment

MODIFY: number and type of flowers, technique (stencil plus die cut)

EXCLUDE: pink frame



I love the drama in Marlease's card thanks to the black background with pops of bold colour! 

I used two Floral Lace products - the layering stencils, and the die to create this look - I stenciled bright colours onto white cardstock, then glued the black outline die over top. I coloured the 'in between' spaces with either black or green. Then the whole thing felt a little dark, so I created the white flower centres with one of my all time favourite, basic cover plates. 

I finished with a stacked up die cut from Paper Rose.






No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.