Saturday 7 January 2023

Get more from Candle Dies/Geometric Stencil


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (Blue, white, silver), Techniques (alcohol marker background, stamping & heat embossing), Elements (Hanukkah card, candles, silver sequins, wonky striped background, dots in the background)

INCLUDE: Blue, white, Hanukkah, candles, 

MODIFY: background technique (stenciling) and look (grid rather than wonky stripes), wonky candles instead of wonky striped background, added yellow flames and 'glow'

EXCLUDE: sentiment


I love simple designs that work for multiple occasions and candle dies (or candle stamps or candle stencils!) are a great craft-room basic. So are geometric stencils. 

I have made Hanukkah cards in the past, but not many. These Catherine Pooler birthday candle dies easily stand in as a hanukkiah. I made the candles a little 'wonky' to pick up on the background in my inspiration card.

Then I went and used the same candle dies, and the same stencil from A Colorful Life Designs to make a Christmas card, and a masculine birthday card.

I think that we sometimes shy away from making cards that we don't receive ourselves, in fact, I think this is why many of us struggle with 'masculine' cards, and maybe cards for holidays we don't celebrate ourselves, but it's a fun way to expand our comfort zone isn't it?






1 comment:

  1. WOW - what a wonderful set of cards Ardyth - love how you have used the stencil in the background, and the candles certainly are a versatile element
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.