Saturday 3 December 2022

LIMES: Ornate Happy Birthday

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper!

LIST: Colours (blue, green, purple, white), Techniques (stamping), Elements (3 squares, multicoloured sentiment in 4th space, dragon fly, leaves, flower, embellishments)

INCLUDE: blue, green, purple, white,  sentiment stamped on card base, embellishments

MODIFY: stencil instead of stamping, 4 squares with circle cut from centre, used more vibrant shades of colour, black sentiment, design element instead of flora/fauna

EXCLUDE: multi-coloured stamping

SPIN: square card, popped up my squares 

I love squares and I love grids, and that's what drew me to this pretty card. I also loved the clever idea of not having a square in the 4th space but I wanted to change it up a little, so I used the 4 squares and cut a circle from the centre. 

I used an element from a new round stencil from Penguin Palace Stamps. These round stencils are designed to be used in the Stencils 360 tool, but there's no reason why you can't use them like regular square stencils. I blended darker shade of each colour through the stencil. 

I temporarily held the 4 squares together and cut a circle from the centre. I popped up the 4 shapes and in the negative I stamped a bold happy birthday sentiment from Avery Elle. 

I finished each design with a clear iridescent sequin and a matching gem.

Mediterranean Stencils available for pre-order here (releasing December 5)




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.