Saturday 5 November 2022

LIMES: Merry Mandala


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Jessica!

LIST: Colours (blue, brown, white), Techniques (stamping, die cutting), Elements (layered mandala focal image, oval sentiment strip over ribbon, flourish in background, shimmery embellishments)

INCLUDE: die cutting, layered mandala, flourish, embellishments

MODIFY: colours to reds/greens, 2 shades of each colour for dimension, stenciling instead of stamping, metallic embossed sentiment in the centre

EXCLUDE: ribbon

SPIN: 4.25" square card

I remember this old Stampin' Up set - it's really pretty and versatile, as Jessica showed with her two ATCs with reversed colour schemes.

Blue and brown are completely out of my comfort zone, and it's Christmas card making time, so I went with a more festive colour combination. I blended my inks through a small 4 layered mandala stencil from Waffle Flower and then cut it with the coordinating dies. 

My flourish background is a tone-on-tone stenciled pattern using my 2 red inks with gold watercolour splattered over top.

My sentiment is gold embossing on Inca gold cardstock, and as a finishing touch, I added gold pearls. 

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful result Ardyth - love your colours, and the background is so rich!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.