Saturday 1 October 2022

LIMES: Autumn Thanks

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Renata!

LIST: Colours (russet, gold, blue, red, white) Techniques (gel press), Elements (floral outlines on layered background, gold sentiment)

INCLUDE: Colours, gel press, gold sentiment

MODIFY: wheat instead of florals, die cut sentiment instead of sticker, wider white frame

EXCLUDE: nothing!

SPIN:


This layered up mixed-media look is a little out of my comfort zone, but I love the layered up look of Renata's gel-press background. And I love the colour. Russet. I love even saying it! lol!

I put down a layer of soft yellow paint, then I added some selective stencilling with red and blue paint. 

I laid some wheat die cuts onto the plate to act as masks. 

I don't have russet paint, so I created mine with some oranges and purple, right over the masks. I removed the masks before pulling the final print. 


1 comment:

  1. A wonderful card Ardyth - i viewed your video on IG and I am in awe of your use of the gel plate
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.