Saturday 17 September 2022

Happy Birthday Dots

Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Carol!

LIST: Colours (green, yellow, coral, blue, white), Technique (stamping, colouring) Elements (vertical split panel, polka dots, rectangle sentiment strip, birthday theme)

INCLUDE: green, yellow, blue, dots on right side, birthday sentiment with large happy, script 'birthday'

MODIFY: stencil instead of patterned paper, die cut happy, 

EXCLUDE: vertical 'divider'

SPIN:

Anytime I see a layout that is divided in half, I immediately think "2 for 1"! I stenciled my confetti into the centre of a 8.5x6" panel of white cardstock, using similar colours to Carol's dots. I like how they fade out to the edge, to give the left half of the card a cleaner look, similar to my inspiration. I edged the panels with a black copic marker for some subtle definition.

I cut my two layered sentiment/shadow once from white and once from black cardstock, to give me two different looks.

I stamped the script birthday with black ink in some of the clear space where the dots fade out toward the edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.