Saturday 13 August 2022

LIMES: Merry Christmas


Welcome to this week's LIMES inspiration post!

I chose this card as my inspiration from the gallery of this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Janet!

LIST: Colours (purple, green, pink, teal, white), Techniques (stamping/colouring, die cutting) Elements (stripes, doily, mouse/animal image, stamped sentiment on round panel with scallops, horizontal strip of pattern at bottom, pink frame/mat, 4 pearl embellishments in corners, sewing/friendship theme)

INCLUDE: Colours, circle focal panel with stamped sentiment, 'doily'

MODIFY: green horizontal strip is behind focal panel, combine doily and sentiment circle panels, diagonal stripes are stenciled, embellishments are stamped with dew drop centres

EXCLUDE: mouse


Quick Colouring

I love the whimsical feel of Janet's card. The colours made me think of Christmas, and I cut the Radiating Circle die from white cardstock. I counted the little offcut pieces (48!) and then temorarily adhered them to some scrap paper in groups of 12. I blended each group with one the 4 main colours in Janet's striped background. I spritzed them with shimmer spray for a little sparkle and texture.

No-fuss inlay

To inlay them back into the outline, I first put glue on the front of a circle of white cardstock, cut slightly smaller than the Radiating Circle die cut. I adhered the two circles together, and that glue was then showing through all the tiny holes, ready for the little coloured die cut pieces. 

I masked off an area on my background panel and stenciled green ink through to mimic that horizontal strip that Janet has at the bottom of her card. I'm not much of a 'critter' person, so I left that element off, and combined the 3 circle panels into one, and stamped the sentiment in the centre of my 'doily'.


1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card Ardyth, and a wonderful example of LIMES
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.