Wednesday 10 August 2022

Die Storage Update



I've been using a lot of the same dies (word dies and basic shapes) over and over and I finally got tired of digging them out of their storage pouches (and then putting them away again!).

I purchased 2 12x24 magnet sheets with plain white frames (all from Amazon) and hung them with Command strips. 

I put my favourites up on the wall right over my die cutting 'station' (aka old dresser! lol!). I've been living with this for about a month now, and I'm loving it!

But I was also storing any leftover die cuts in the same storage pouches, so I was still digging every time I wanted a die cut. I changed that by putting my 'extras' into a hanging jewelry organizer bag. This is a new solution, so I haven't decided whether it's perfect yet, but I will let you know!

What's the latest update you've made to your crafty space?



5 comments:

  1. There's just doesn't seem that there's a perfect solution for our every growing/evolving die collection! At least no one idea will fit all....I keep hoping though. Maybe having a smaller inventory would help...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to do this but am not sure how feasible it is with my fake nails... sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I laughed out loud. I was concerned that 'picking' at the dies might knock the frames off the wall, but the command strips seem to be really strong.

      Delete
  3. I've been trying various ways to sort my sentiments and haven't found one I really like yet. The hanging jewelry organizer looks promising to me, I could hang it in the craft room closet, maybe have one each for various themes, color coded on the hanger or side or something so I know which one is which...that is actually promising! I've got various styles of the same sentiment, and I often use colored card stock, so a different pocket for each style or color just might work! Thank you, Ardyth! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is also hanging in the closet. I hope it works for you!

      Delete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.