Saturday 11 June 2022

Tropical Birthday Wishes

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, wombat146.

I chose this layout as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (pink, green, orange, purple, white, black), Techniques (digital scrapbooking), Elements (stripes in two directions, flowers, photos with white frames, black text journaling and on the background white mat)

INCLUDE: colours, white frame, flower, black text, stripes in two directions

MODIFY: technique, circle frame, black dots on white mat

EXCLUDE: photos

It's always fun to try to translate something that's not a card into a card. I started by stamping my cardbase with a scattered polka dot background stamp, to represent the text on the outer edge of the layout.
I coloured some cardstock and then cut it into strips, creating a square panel with the stripes angled.

I cut a circle from the centre, turned it and popped it up with a narrow sentiment strip and some white flowers.


5 comments:

  1. This card is colorful and deserves attention! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have introduced me to look outside the box. I put a necklace on yesterday and it inspired me as I had a stamp that looked like it. I would love to send pictures, but can’t find how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can email me at ardythpr@gmail.com I would love to see how you were inspired!

      Delete
  3. What a stunner Ardyth - love your interpretation of the page, and how you used the dots for the 'print'.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.