Wednesday 15 June 2022

Just Wanted to Say


 Today I'm sharing some cards I made with a couple of new dies from the new "Just Wanted to Say" release from Spellbinders. Sweet Birdie is very aptly named, and he comes with lots of little pieces that you can use in different ways to get different looks.

Leafy Sprig has a sprig, of course, but also includes 7 individual leaves that make cutting multiples quick and easy!

For the first one, I actually paired up the bird with one of the Color Block Balloon dies from yesterday's Birthday release. I cut the striped balloon from four pieces of cardstock coloured with my ink pads, then assembled them, mixing the colours. I cut the bird from the centre of the balloons, and then grounded them on black balloons cut with the same die.

For this bird, I used all the die cut bits in pretty, fresh colours. I like to cut all the pieces from white cardstock then colour them either with markers or ink pads. This means I don't have to try and store lots of coloured cardstock and scraps. I grounded this bird with a black scallop cut from Colorblock Slimline edges and a hello die cut from Paper Rose.


By changing the colours, I made the Sweet Birdie into a cardinal, perfect for a classic feeling Christmas card. I blended a circle as my background, and added the Leafy Sprig die cut and my cardinal, along with a Waffle Flower sentiment.

This time, I went for a more mid-century modern look, and left a lot of the details off the birds. I used some 'backwards' so that they could face each other, and I added a wing to the back of each bird to make them look like they are flying. 


Finally, I used the 7 individual leaves to cut a lot of leaves before colouring and arranging them onto my background. I splattered gold watercolour over top and added a white thanks die cut to brighten it up a bit.



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful use of the dies Ardyth, and a stunning selection of cards - you are so talented and inspirational
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.