Sunday 27 March 2022

Happy Birthday

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Cindy H!

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: Colours (red, orange, brown, green, yellow, gold), Techniques (die cut, stamping) Elements (horizontal stripes, vellum, die cut/stamped sentiment, gold stars)

INCLUDE: vellum, birthday theme, gold stars

MODIFY: rainbow colours, wavy horizontal stripes, gold heat embossed stamped sentiment, circular sentiment panel with cardstock behind it, portrait vs landscape layout

EXCLUDE: die cut sentiment

SPIN: 

If you saw my YouTube video this week, you know where this idea came from. I used the curved edge of the Simple Hill 2 mask and ink blending to create this wispy, layered look. It reminds me a little of alcohol inks, but it's so easy to control! 

I heat embossed a Waffle Flower sentiment on vellum and backed it with 3 layers of white circles that were one size smaller so that you can still see the vellum around the edge. I finished with a scattering of tiny gold star sequins.

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Ardyth - love the way you have created the background!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I find the video for this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.