Saturday 12 February 2022

Rainbow Happy Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, diane morales.

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (white, black, pink, blue, green), Techniques (heat embossing, die cutting), Elements (irregular vertical stripes, die cut sentiment, clear sequins, stitching on rectangle die cut, black frame)

INCLUDE: die cut sentiment, black frame

MODIFY: added colours to make a full rainbow, double-stencil technique to create my stripes, added flowers, inlaid my sentiment, used clear gems instead of sequins

EXCLUDE: heat embossing, stitching detail

SPIN: changed layout, added flowers

To create this look, I layered two stencils from A Colorful Life Designs - 4 Mid Century Shadow and Groovy Flower. I blended a rainbow of Catherine Pooler inks through and then spritzed with clear shimmer spray before removing the stencils.

I cut the sentiment from black cardstock and also from my rainbow panel, inlaid the black into the holes and added a black mat. I used some Magic Iris gems from Crafty Meraki as a finishing touch, in the flower centres.

1 comment:

  1. Love this colourful CASE of the original card Ardyth!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.