Sunday 27 February 2022

Butterfly Birthday Wishes

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Deb. I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: Colours (mint, black, grey, white), Technique (stamping, die cut), Elements (curved ferns, butterfly, sentiment on layered strip, black frames, hex background stamping)

INCLUDE: butterfly, curving element, sentiment on layered strip

MODIFY: colours, curving element is mirrored, background technique

EXCLUDE: black frames

SPIN: square card


I made this card for a friend who loves purple, so I knew I had to change the colours. I started with one of my watercolor powder backgrounds that I made last week. To get that protective curve of the ferns, I used a stencil and some metallic paste.

My butterfly is bigger, my sentiment strip is narrower and I changed the occasion to birthday. My sentiment was embossed on a purple strip and backed with a border that I created with the same metallic paste spread on cardstock.


1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great CASE Ardyth - I am constantly amazed by how you CASE a card, and your fabulous results! This is gorgeous
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.