Sunday 19 December 2021

Poinsettia Joy

 


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Jo Ann F.

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (pink, green, purple, white, gold) Techniques (gold heat embossed outlines and sentiment, watercolour, splatter) Elements: (florals in the centre surrounded by leaves, splatter, popped up sentiment in lower right corner, contrasting frame)

INCLUDE: floral, metallic outlines and dots, sentiment in lower right corner

MODIFY: changed spring to Christmas, changed from heat embossing/watercolour to solid/outline die cuts, changed pink flower to red, green leaves to gray, changed stamped sentiment to die cut. Changed splattered gold dots to die cut silver dots

EXCLUDE: heat embossing, popped up sentiment

SPIN: square card

Oh my goodness, I fell in love with these dies when they first came out and couldn't let this Christmas pass without making a card with them. 

I started by creating my frame with 2 EBE Essential Squares for Stitching dies. I backed it with a panel of silver matte cardstock.

I cut the outline leaves and flower from the same silver matte cardstock, and the solid elements from cardstock that had been blended, so I would get some variation of colour.

The sentiment is from the Vintage Ornaments set from A Jillian Vance Design. 

3 comments:

  1. Great card !!!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and elegant!! You are SOOOOO creative and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Ardyth, this is amazing - love it!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.