Sunday 5 December 2021

Double-Shaker Happy Birthday!

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Amy (askloebien).

I chose this card as my inspiration.



LIST: Colours (brown, pink purple, green, white), Technique (die cutting), Elements (butterflies, scalloped circles, ribbon, flowers, birthday theme, bronze pearls, stitching)

INCLUDE: gold, brown, pink, white, birthday, circle element, butterflies, 

MODIFY: changed green to aqua, layout, bronze pearls to gold/blue stars, stamped sentiment to die cut

EXCLUDE: ribbon, flowers, stitching

SPIN: Added shaker element,


If you look closely at my shaker, you can see that there are really two shaker areas. An inner circle and outer ring. I used the new WaffleFlower Slim Circle Shaker Covers, which come with 3 sizes in them. I laid the smallest one inside the largest one, and filled it with blue glitter stars. Then I added gold glitter stars to the outside ring. I put liquid glue on the rims of both shakers and covered them with a piece of white cardstock.


If you look very closely, when everything is 'settled', you can definitely see that outer rim of the inner shaker pouch, but once everything's shaken up and layered on, all they see is two different shaker areas!

To finish the card I added the Butterfly circle frame cut from gold, and inlaid with pink and blue butterflies. I added the extra gold butterflies to the front of the card.

My sentiment is from the new Oversized Happy set - I die cut the letters (it also comes with a shadow) and a smaller birthday word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.