Sunday 28 November 2021

Holly Joy

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper Sue (StampinForMySanity). 

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (Red, Green, White, Kraft), Techniques (stamping/watercolouring, die cuts), Elements (holy/winter foliage, JOY sentiment birds, gold twine, bow)

INCLUDE: Red, green, white, holly, JOY, 

MODIFY: Add aqua, technique to inlaid die cuts, clear embellishments instead of red

EXCLUDE: birds, twine, bow, kraft

SPIN: stained glass effect.


This is one of the inlaid die-cut cards I taught recently at the Eat, Sleep, Crafty Retreat. I cut the die from both white and chrome cardstock.

I coated a piece of printer paper with adhesive, laid the chrome frame on it and then coloured each of the white pieces (left the 'in between' pieces white), and pieced everything into the frame.

Because the die cut does not have a border, I then used a large rectangle die to cut the inlaid panel, and then from the chrome cardstock to create a rectangular frame.

I also cut the letters from the panel as well as from the chrome cardstock, and inlaid them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.