Wednesday 3 November 2021

Double Your Cardmaking Speed with this Simple 2-for-1 Technique!


When you're making Christmas cards at this time of year, speed is of the essence and inlaid die cutting is a simple way to double your cardmaking speed!

I started by blending 4 colours of Catherine Pooler blue inks onto a circle of white cardstock. I start with the lightest and work my way down to the darkest. These inks smooth out as they dry to give gorgeous blended results!

To get 2 cards out of the blended panel, I cut a snowflake from it. Then I cut a circle and snowflake from silver matte cardstock, and inlaid each snowflake into the other round panel.

I popped them up and backed them onto black for some drama. 

If you want to learn more about inlaid die cutting, (and other fun techniques), join me and 5 other amazing teachers, at the Eat Sleep Crafty Retreat on November 13 and 14. Registration closes on November 10, so time is ticking away!



2 comments:

  1. Oh these are stunning Ardyth - love the blue and silver combination
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 2 for 1 idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.