Saturday 11 September 2021

Sunflower Thanks


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Mom42Gran21.

I chose this card as my inspiration

LIST: Colours (autumn tones of orange, green, red, purple, blue, gold accents), Elements (3 flowers, leaves, stamped sentiment strip, torn edge), Techniques - blended? background
INCLUDE: colours, flowers, leaves, gold accents
MODIFY: one flower, fewer leaves, inlaid die cut, gel plate/ stencil technique on background and flower/leaves, die cut sentiment
EXCLUDE: torn edge
SPIN: Square card



This card is a a real mix of products from a number of my favourite companies. The sunflower is from A Jillian Vance Design, and I liked the outline design so much that I got out some Waffle Flower leaf dies that also have that outline.

To colour my cardstock background and inlaid pieces, I used my gel plate and some stencils. I love how the starburst stencil on the flower actually makes it look like there are more petals. And if you look closely, you can see the stencil pattern on the flower centre as well - I just blended dark brown ink over top of it so that I could retain the subtle pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.