Sunday 25 July 2021

Happy Poinsettia Holidays

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Karen (kzsenzaki1)! 

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: colours (green/peach/white), floral background, embossed sentiment on  die cut panel, ribbon

INCLUDE: floral background, embossed, die cut sentiment

MODIFY: birthday to Christmas, peach to red, technique (patterned paper to ink smooshed background and die cut flowers)

EXCLUDE: second panel, ribbon

SPIN:



I started by cutting a panel of white watercolour cardstock with the Poinsettia Panel die, so that I could use different colours on my background and on my poinsettias.

The ink smooshing technique on my background was created with two colours of green ink and inspired by my friend Tiffany, and her process adds one small but completely game-changing step. Spritz your paper before you smoosh it into the ink. This allows the colours to move more freely and really blend together! I did a few layers, drying in between, and finally spritzed the background with water to add even more texture.

I didn't do that for the poinsettias, just dipped them into the red inks on my water media mat but I still got quite good variation in colour.

To assemble, I turned the flowers in their holes so that the white cardbase will show through.

I heat embossed my sentiment with gold embossing powder onto gold satin cardstock. I love this elegant, tone on tone look!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing card Ardyth - thanks for passin on the tip re spritzing your paper first
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.