Sunday 2 May 2021

Hello



Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Elizabeth (beadsonthebrain).

I chose this project as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (dark brown, pinks, green), circle, dry embossing, 'pie' shape, 

INCLUDE: colours, 

MODIFY: circle becomes wreath, 

EXCLUDE: pie pieces, embossing

SPIN: 3D project to card, added gold




I was attracted by the rich brown background and the pops of pinks and green. I immediately thought of making a wreath, and this new Studio Light wreath has lots of leaves for me to add colour.

I cut it from gold satin cardstock, and inlaid it into a brown panel. Then I cut it again from white cardstock, coloured the leaves with Copic markers and inlaid them into the wreath.

For my sentiment, I cut Hello from Ellen Hutson's Block Words die set from the inlaid panel, and also from white (and the E from gold). I coloured the white letters and inlaid them into the panel. 

I used Essential Squares dies to create my negative frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.