Saturday 1 May 2021

Graduation Cards (and a fabulous cardmaking hack!)

 


This is not the greatest year for graduating, due to cancellation of proms, parties, photos and ceremonies, but both my kids have achieved milestones this year (Kate has finished high school and Struan is finished Uni)!

At least making their cards was efficient! lol! I used the same design, changed up for school colours, and I used a really easy hack that my friend Kathya showed in a video.

For the blue numbers and stripes (and purple too), I started with white cardstock, pressed Catherine Pooler ink onto it (Suede Shoes and Grape Crush) and spritzed it with Avery Elle Shimmer spray.

Then I grabbed my packing tape and taped it over top. And made my own 'glossy' cardstock. Or maybe you want to call it 'faux' embossing, using the tape instead of heat embossing with clear embossing powder.

Whatever you call it, the results are easy, quick and SHINY! 

My number dies are retired (Parker from Memory Box) but I've listed a few others below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.