Sunday 11 April 2021

Watercolour Thanks

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Mary Ellen (cr8iveme)!

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: watercolour background, colours (blue, purple, black and white), large letters, masking for the letters, stamped sentiment strip, black embellishments

INCLUDE: watercolour background, large sentiment

MODIFY: die cut instead of masked letters, pearl embellishments, watercolour background texture created with cling wrap, rather than a smooth blended wash

EXCLUDE: purple, stamped sentiment strip

SPIN: square card

I love this watercolour wash that Mary Ellen created, and how the colours blend together! I used a technique my friend Tiffany did in one of her videos, and when my watercolours were on the paper and still wet, I crinkled up some cling wrap and placed it on while it dried completely. This technique gives some amazing texture!

My sentiment was created with a CZ Designs thanks die which comes with a shadow die. I cut the shadow from my watercolour background and popped it up on my gray cardbase. Then I stacked up the actual thanks word 4 times so that it's the same level as the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.