Sunday 28 March 2021

Rainbow Daisy Thank You

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Francine!

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Rainbow 'plaid', b&w floral image, script sentiment, square card, colourful dots, wide white border around the focal area

INCLUDE: plaid, rainbow, b&w floral, square card, white border, placement of sentiment  

MODIFY: simplified background from 3x3 to 2x2, simplified flower die cut (and no stamping).  

EXCLUDE: coloured dots

SPIN: popped up, die cut background


This is a very simple card. And it took 5 attempts before I was happy with it! lol! Here's my progression:


When you're casing someone there are lots of strategies for getting a similar look and I think I went through them all before I landed on 'minimize'.

Instead of a 3x3 plaid element, I focused on the 4 colours in the corners of Francine's background and made a smaller 2x2 focal area. I popped up the colourful squares on the white card base for some dimension.

I grabbed a very small AJVD Daisy die and glued it onto the squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.