Tuesday 23 March 2021

Geo-Fun


Sometimes, you just have to have a little fun. And that's what this card is. I am trying so hard not to buy a lot of new goodies, and focus on using what I have, but this geometric stamp set from Birch Press Design screamed my name and I bought it.

I wish it was a full A2 background, since slimline cards (which this is designed for) are not my favourite (gasp! Yes, it's true!) but I made it work!

I stamped the pattern on a piece of white cardstock with black ink, then masked off various portions and blended ink onto it, making sure that there was some 'pure' colour and some overlapped colour.

Then I re-stamped the outline, this time with WOW! Embossing ink, and I embossed it 3 times with Brass embossing powder for a really dimensional stained glass look.

It felt a little flat, so I blended more ink into each shape (masking each shape as I went). I used even more colours, and this really brought the panel to life.

I stamped and embossed the pattern twice on a white cardbase - here's a secret - there's a 'bald patch' down the centre of the card that's hidden by my coloured panel!


3 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for rainbows AND geometric shapes...so I just love this! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the intense colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever way to make the slimline stamp work for your card size. This is a very striking card, I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.