Sunday 21 March 2021

Friends with Bookmark

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Sandy (stampingwriter).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: flower, leaves, pocket, tag (on and off card), pastel colours (peach, lilac, pink, green, blue), diagonal element, dots

INCLUDE: pink flower, green leaves, bookmark/tag element, pastel colours, dots

MODIFY: dots are stencilled, not patterned paper; flower is die cut; bookmark attaches differently

EXCLUDE: diagonal pocket

SPIN: faux 'shaker' in the flower centre

This card shows more use of negative and positive die cuts (if you haven't seen my latest YouTube video about this, click here).

I used stacked up die cuts on the card itself to help hold the detachable bookmark in place. You can carefully remove the bookmark (and put it back on) without having to use any kind of adhesive!

And although I wanted the bookmark to play the part of 'white space' on my card, I didn't want it to be boring on its own, so I put colour on the reverse at the same time as adding colour to the main focal panel.

I cut two panels - one 4x5.25, the other 2x5.25. I created a pastel rainbow on both panels with my Catherine Pooler minis, direct to paper. Then I used the Catherine Pooler Pop Art stencil and blended the same inks over top for a tone on tone look on the larger panel.

I laid the bookmark on my rainbow panel and glued the stacked up die cuts in the negative spaces - precision is key here - if they're not in the right place, the bookmark will not come off, or fit back on!







No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.