Wednesday 17 February 2021

Masculine Birthday with Gel Plate background

 

Masculine cards are hard, aren't they? I like to focus on rich colour and simple shapes when I make masculine cards - using a gel plate to create a textured background is a great way to keep a simple card interesting!

I created my panel with Catherine Pooler inks and a 2 inch brayer that makes it easy to leave a choppy-looking texture. 

I splattered the panel with metallic gold watercolor and then trimmed the panel to a 4 inch square.

I cut a circle from the centre with an Essential Circle die (which also cuts a frame, which I left out). 

I popped up the circle and square portions of the panel on a white cardbase that I had blended Juniper Mist ink onto.


3 comments:

  1. Love this! Your inking is fabulous. Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the drama of this with the circle within the square. The "choppy" inking is wonderful Ardyth
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card - great colours

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.