Sunday 28 February 2021

Long Time No Sea


Congratulations to this week's Featured, Stamper, Gem35!

I chose this card as my inspiration:

LIST: Colours (red, blue, yellow, black, beige), ocean, quilling, ship, circle focal point, black frame, 

INCLUDE: colours, ship, circle, 

MODIFY: technique (gel plate), black frame, white embossing, colours in sky, not on ship

EXCLUDE: quilling

SPIN: square card


You may recognize my 'sea at sunset' circle panel from last week's birthday card for my brother in law. I made a few of those panels at the time, knowing they would come in handy for future cards. I cut a circle, splattered it with white and spritzed it with Clear Shimmer Spray.

I stamped a sailboat and sentiment from the new Essentials by Ellen Just Squidding set with WOW! Embossing ink and embossed with white powder. I added shading to the hull and flag with a copic marker (being very careful not to colour on the white embossed outline).

To create my frame, I cut a panel of Oyster cardstock with a EBE Essential Squares die, and then ran it through my die cutting maching two more times with 2 Essential for Stitching Circles dies (they were too close in size to run them through at the same time).

I backed the Oyster panel with black cardstock to make my 'frame' more visible.


2 comments:

  1. I love this card. Just an FYI, those holes in the circle got my attention. Whe I clicked on your link below it brought up the circles and I had to do a search for the stitching ones. You may want to add another link to your post in case someone else wants to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful image panel Ardyth, and I love the dotted circle frame!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.