Saturday 12 December 2020

Light Up Nativity Card


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Kath (kathinwesthill).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


LIST: Christmas card, stable/manger scene with animals, starry sky, trees, dark sentiment banner with white sentiment

INCLUDE: starry night, manger, 

MODIFY: Mary & Joseph instead of animals, die cut 

EXCLUDE: trees, sentiment

SPIN: light-up feature



This card was the perfect inspiration for a special nativity card I made for my mom, who collects Nativity sets. 

I started with the starry night - blending ink, splattering gold watercolour and spritzing with Avery Elle Clear Shimmer spray.

I cut the Paper Rose die cut from C9 chrome cardstock, and out of the blue panel.

I backed the blue panel with Pearlescent Vellum from Lawn Fawn and then glued the die cut outline into place.

Then I added the EZ Lights to the back of the blue panel, being careful to not let the wires show through the vellum.

There's a quick video on my Instagram feed showing how I made this. And here's a link to my previou YouTube video where I go into a lot more detail about using these lights:



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.