Sunday 18 October 2020

Layered Up Thank You


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Marianne (lantana). 

I chose this card as my inspiration:














Recently, I created  a video  showing how I break down an inspiration card and make it my own. I created an easy to remember acronym to help:



List: colours (red, yellow,blue), blended background, single focal image (sailboat), white horizontal line at the horizon, black mat on white cardbase, no sentiment

Include: colours (although mine are slightly less saturated), horizontal blended background

Modify: single focal image is now stencilled flower in the background, A2 card is now 4.25 square, white script sentiment instead of white stripe at horizon

Exclude: sailboat, white frame

Spin: layered ink-blending for background, including use of 2 stencils, iridescent embellishments and lots of gold shimmer spray

I started by creating my background. I blended 4 colours of ink onto a panel of white cardstock. Then I laid a striped stencil over top and blended more ink. I shifted the stencil so it wasn't straight, and blended more ink and repeated this step 3 more times. This layering-up of colour results in lots of variation and interest.

Before I removed the stencil the last time, I spritzed Tsukineko gold shimmer spray through it for some shimmery splatter.

Once the panel was dry, I put the Altenew Bursting Dahlia stencil over the panel and blended more ink, this time a shade darker than the previous layers. Again, I spritzed the gold shimmer spray through before removing the stencil.

When the panel was completely dry, I embossed an Altenew thank you sentiment on the horizon line, with white embossing powder.

I tried the panel on a white cardbase and on a black one, and I felt like the black had more drama.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Ardyth, I love the colors on this card. It almost looks like a sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your analysis and tips for inspirational 'CASing'. Thanks very VERY much for the video and sharing your gorgeous work!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous result Ardyth - and a great way to modify the original card to make it your own
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO DYNAMIC! I just love this card...colors are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! I would love to see a video of this one! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.