Saturday 10 October 2020

Happy Halloween

 

Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Deb (djahner)

I chose this card as my inspiration:










Last week, I did a video showing how I break down an inspiration card and make it my own. I created an easy to remember acronym to help:



List: Deb has 3 pumpkins on white tag backgrounds, halloween theme, sentiment strip, embossed background, colours are white, orange, green, blue

Include: Halloween theme, sentiment strip

Modify: Changed the layout from 3 horizontal elements to 4 in a grid (to better fit my card format),  changed stamped pumpkins to die-cut skeletons, used the spider webs as the tag element, black background instead of white, add purple

Exclude: pumpkins, tags, blue

Spin: I spritzed the background with pewter distress spray and added the spider.


I cut 2 large and 2 small webs from Essentials by Ellen Spiderwebs (and the little spider - he's too cute to leave out!), and used Catherine Pooler inks direct to paper to colour them. I spritzed them and my black card base with Distress Spray in Pewter. 

The 4 skulls are from the new Skellie-Add On die set that was released on Friday. 

The sentiment is from last year's Good to the Last Bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.