Monday 4 May 2020

Inspired Toucan Card


Where do you get your inspiration? I find inspiration in so many places - catalogues and ads, fabrics (and quilts!) and of course Instagram. The other day I came across an ad for this puzzle on IG:


I focused on the toucans and the jungle feel, as well as the colours - black, greens and pinks and pops of white.

I used a number of different Pretty Pink Posh stamp sets.

I started by stamping the toucans and then I masked them. I added the cluster of flowers from Geraniumd and then masked them. I used some leaves from Peonies (and you guessed it, masked them!) and some leaves from Hibiscus Flowers. I filled in space with a little flower from Tropical Toucans.

Then I coloured. And coloured! I finished with some white gel pen highlights. 

I added a sentiment from Every Day Sentiments on one of the Stitched Essentials 1 tag dies. 

 I know the scale of the various elements isn't quite right, but I love the feeling of fantasy from this!


5 comments:

  1. What a lot of masking Ardyth, but a fabulous result that was well worth the work. Love this!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Ardyth! So colorful, very cheerful in this quarantainetime!
    Stay Safe
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome inspired card. Well done love those bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positively incredible work! Your coloring is just amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a colorful and fun card! And a wonderful interpretation of that puzzle!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.