Sunday 3 May 2020

Happy Mother's Day (and a Sheetload of cards).


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Teresa (aztk). I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Teresa's:
-colours (blues and yellows)
-butterfly
-gingham
-flowers
-dots

I changed:
-layout
-added pink and green
-added a sentiment

Today I'm also collaborating with Alicia (Call Me Crafty Al) and I was inspired to try her "Sheetload of Cards" idea! This is a monthly "recipe" for making 12 cards with minimal supplies.

 I am in the midst of making a large number of Mother's Day and Thinking of You cards for residents of a nursing home, and thought this would be a great way to make multiples!

Rather than using 12x12 patterned paper, I made my own with a Memory MISTI (the big mama-MISTI!) and some Concord & 9th turnabout stamps.

Alicia also has a video, inspired by my faux inlaid die cut technique, so be sure to check it out!

Here's my video:




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous video. Thanks for sharing this with everyone. I love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideal of the "sheet load of cards" Where can you get those description of how to cut your papers and supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet card Ardyth - and a great way to make multiples. Popping over to watch the other video now.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.