Saturday 23 May 2020

3 Rainbow Flower Cards


I have been ordering up a storm of new products during 'quarantine', and slowly (soooo slowly) they are starting to arrive. I recently got the Honey Bee Flower Petals and Flower Centres coverplates and I want to be sure that I use all these new goodies, and they don't end up sitting unloved. 

These 3 cards are the result of one afternoon session.



This card was my original vision - a bright rainbow of flowers popping from a black background. I blended ink over a panel and then cut the panel with the Flower Petals coverplate. I also cut it from black and then I patiently inlaid all the rainbow flowers into the black background.

I finished with a sentiment from Thanks a Bunch.



The second card was a no-brainer - I used the leftover rainbow panel.  I put another layer, cut from the Flower Center coverplate to add some definition to the white flowers, and added a sentiment from Rainbow Wishes. 




Finally, I used some of the many (many!) flower off cuts and I layered them up and put them on a black 'wreath' and added some clear Nuvo Drops to the centres for dimension and shine. The sentiment is from Thanks a Bunch.


2 comments:

  1. Really lovely and
    great ways to use
    the cover die.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow cards Ardyth - I love how you get so much use from your supplies.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.