Sunday 2 February 2020

Essentials by Ellen Bear Cozy Kit


Today, Ellen Hutson is releasing a brand new kit filled with enough felt to make 12 cup cozies, coordinating embroidery floss, and access to additional digital content! 
It's perfect for a crafty get together with friends or for you to make up as gifts for your friends! What a great teacher gift these would be!
The kit comes in a reusable, vinyl mesh zippered bag to keep everything organized and together.

And if you're like me and you don't sew, don't worry - all my samples are stitch-free! I used hot glue to put them together.

My first sample shows how to put the pieces together to make a 'standard' cup-cozy. I added black jewels (with liquid glue) to the eyes to give him a little personality!



For my next sample, I used some of the shapes in a different way, to create a panda. The ovals around his eyes are meant to be snouts and his nose was cut from a bow shaped piece of felt.


My 3rd cup-cozy is bearless - I trimmed off the ears (used them on the panda, above) and cut letters with the Classic Block Alpha die set. I doubled them up for some dimension. The heart shape comes with the kit, and I added some pink jewels for sparkle.


Finally, I used a circle die to cut the bear's face away from the rest of the cup cozy die-cut. I added a bow and used little ear inserts as eyebrows. I cut HUGS with the Classic Block Alpha die set and glued it all on a card with white liquid glue.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Ardyth what a great use of the kit - so many possibilities and yours are fabulous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.