Tuesday 31 December 2019

Happy New Year!


Tonight's the big night! Time to get ready for 2020!

I thought it would be fun to use these Happy New Year stamps from Pretty Pink Posh, differently from how they look in the package.

This did involve some stamp surgery (where I cut stamps apart), but you could also use masking if you're not into surgery!

I started with the double-glass image and snipped between the two classes. Then I used my MISTI to stamp a row of evenly-spaced glasses with bubbles over top.

I coloured the 'champagne' with a rainbow of Copic markers  and then cut 6 masks for the glasses. I created a 'table-top'  by adding a horizontal mask across the panel, and then blending gray ink below the glasses. Then I moved the horizontal mask and added a glow with yellow ink above that table-top line.

The sentiment was cut apart for a horizontal orientation and stamped with my MISTI.

Finally, I added some additional bubbles to the very top of the panel by turning the same glass stamp upside down and just stamping the bubbles along the top using my MISTI again for even spacing.

I coloured the bubbles with the same Copic markers and then hunted through my collection of PPP jewels to add some sparkle by gluing a few of them over top of some of the stamped bubbles. I've listed the mixes below.

1 comment:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.