Sunday 3 November 2019

FS665 - Wonderful


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Christy.

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Christy's:
-rich colours
-bold flowers with white outlines
-wonderful sentiment

I changed:
-technique
-die cuts vs patterend paper

Christy's bold patterned paper reminded me of this outline flower die from Essentials by Ellen Wild Garden, which I haven't used in ages!

I wanted to create some of the fun texture from Christy's card, so I devised a dry brush technique, using Catherine Pooler inks, to create my coloured cardstock for inlaying and my background.

I popped up the flowers over a white strip for my sentiment from Totally Random Sayings Vol 3.

Here's a video showing the watercolour technique:




1 comment:

  1. A fabulous card Ardyth, and I love your textural painting technique
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.