Monday 28 October 2019

Challenge Me A Christmas Card with Michelle



Hello! I'm excited to be playing along with my friend Michelle today and her annual Challenge me a Christmas Card feature!



Michelle and I both made cards inspired by this fun, festive photo! Be sure to check out Michelle's card here!


I focused on the colours, the trees and the circles.

I started by creating my cardbase. I peeled off 3 full-back sticky notes and I cut out 3 different sized circles. In effect, I had 9 masks, 1 of each size for each colour of ink.

I used my new Scrapbook.com domed blenders to blend dots around the edge of my cream cardbase, mixing up sizes and colours.

My next layer was blended with Aquatini ink, fading out to the centre, and then trimmed with the stitched rectangle die from Stitched Notes.

Finally, my tree was built with the Layered Tree dies, but I added another of the 2nd layer, to extend the tree. I attached each layer of the tree with glue only on the top portion and then put Stickles along the bottom edge, which caused the cardstock to warp a bit and gave the tree dimension as well as sparkle.

For ornaments, I chose matching colours from the Luau jewel mix.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous result Ardyth - love the tree and how it has lifted with the glitter to give it some dimension. Such a cheerful card too with the surrounding colours
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.