Sunday 1 September 2019

FS656 - Fall Thanks


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Julie (asweetjewel). I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Julie's:
-fall colours (yellow orange red and gold)
-thanks theme
-fish-tail tag
-patterend mat around focal image

I changed:
-added purple
-florals to leaves
-technique


I started by stamping the white panel with one of the border stamps from Fall Borders. I used my MISTI so I could move the panel and restamp so that the border pattern 'fit together' to create a background. Each time I inked up the top half of the stamp with one colour of ink and the bottom half with the next colour in my 'Autumn Rainbow' of inks.

I blended that same Autumn Rainbow of inks onto another panel, and then I stamped the border pattern again, but moving each colour down a bit (so the orange was stamped on the yellow blending, red stamped on the orange blending etc), so that it would show up.

My sentiment is actually created with the new Happy Thanksgiving script die - I trimmed it after the Thanks to get even more out of the die. I stacked it and used gold mirror cardstock as the top layer.


 

1 comment:

  1. What a great interpretation of the card you used as inspiration Ardyth,, and fabulous stamping!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.