Sunday 18 August 2019

FS654 - Hello


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Donna Ross (Rostergold).

I chose this card as my inspiration:


I focused on Donna's:
-two flying creatures on white background
-cool colours
-hello theme
-'dots'

I changed:
-added more colour
-butterflies to birds
-layout
-technique

I loved the deep aqua colour on Donna's card, so I stuck with the cool side of the rainbow. I started by using some post it tape as a mask and then I blended Aquatini, Lime Rickey and Melon Ice ink over the panel. I spritzed water over the blended ink and picked it up with a dry paper towel to create my dots.

I trimmed the panel with a stitched rectangle die, and then stamped the two Tropical Toucans and the sentiment from Beautiful Butterflies.

I used Copic markers to colour the toucans. Very simple stamping and inkblending.


2 comments:

  1. Darling card! Wow- the ink blended colors are super! The toucans are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the stunning ink blending Ardyth - and the fun toucans
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.