Sunday 30 June 2019

Wish You Were Here (FS647)


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Janeen (janeenk).

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Janeen's:
-wreath
-bird
-white outlines on the background
-white embossing

I changed:
-my wreath is made of birds
-background technique from emboss-resist to stencil.

I used a square panel of white cardstock and turned it in my MISTI, to create the wreath of Toucans. I trimmed the square panel with 2 circle dies to create my ring.

For the background, I put a mask in the centre of my square card base and then blended Lime Rickey and Melon Ice inks over the Tropical Background stencil. I removed the mask and blended Lime Rickey in a solid area in the centre. Once it was completely dry, I embossed a sentiment from the Tropical Birds set with Wow! Opaque Bright White embossing powder.

I popped up the ring/wreath with foam tape.

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, Ardyth, and a wonderful take on Janeen's card.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible use of the bird stamp Ardyth - love your innovative use of the image, and the green background is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.