Sunday 19 May 2019

Floral Thank You Card


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper, Kerry (kerry2).

I chose this card as my inspiration:




I focused on Kerry's:
-pot of flowers
-border-blended die cut
-stripe panel
-small sentiment
-pearl embellishments
-horizontal strip

I changed:
-colours
-occasion
-adapted the layout slightly
-no ribbon or buttons
-no stitching
-no patterned paper

I love the feminine feel of Kerry's card, and all the pretty details, but I wanted to 'urbanize' it a bit. To do that I changed the colours to dark grey and lemongrass, added stripes to 2 layers of the background, and shifted the position of the focal strip/area, I also left off the buttons and ribbon, although I kept the 'pearls' by using iridescent Tonic Dream Drops.

I kept the die cut behind the flowers, with ink blended over it while still in the die - that's an old technique that I had forgotten, but it's a good one - it leaves a white border around the ink-blended area that helps the die cut pop.

Here's a video:



I used:



2 comments:

  1. The dark background really makes
    the other designs pop. Love
    the faint shading inside
    the circle. Great idea.
    Wonderful card.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is full of inspirational ideas - what a great result Ardyth
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.