Sunday 28 April 2019

Partial Stamping (FS638)


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Nancy (Nannygirl)

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on Nancy's:
-red, gold, aqua colours
-layout (long image over horizontal sentiment)
-intricate frame


I changed:
-frame has 2 sides only
-Asian to floral theme
-more white space
-die cutting to colouring

My original intent was to create a 4 sided frame, but the Altenew floral arrangement and sentiment really needed the full 5 1/2" of the card front. So I adapted and made my frame on each side of the focal panel.

I inked up the cluster of 4 leaves at the top of the focal flowers and stamped it repeatedly on each side of the white panel, turning it for variety.

I used Copics to colour everything in, layering colours to get more depth and interest.

To create my gold edges, I cut 2 strips that were 1/2 inch wide and adhered them directly to the leaf panel. Then I put foam tape between the two gold strips and used that to adhere the floral panel.

I used:

1 comment:

  1. Loving that stamped border Ardyth, and the touch of gold is perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.