Wednesday 3 April 2019

Happy Birthday! (using Alcohol Ink panels)


Yesterday was my sister's birthday. I made this card for her, using an alcohol ink background I made last week, and some inlaid dies.

I had a big alcohol ink session last week, where I used some Copic refills and foil to create a bunch of backgrounds.



Often these backgrounds are a bit overwhelming to use as one piece, and cutting them down with dies can really add interest to a clean and simple card.

I used an old Impression Obsession Hollyhock die and the Happy from Block Words. I cut them out of the alcohol ink panel on the bottom left in the photo above, and then cut them out of the white panel, to create spaces for them to lay in. This technique really helps with word dies that are separate letters - it makes it much easier to line up the letters, than if I tried to glue them down.

I stamped the script birthday from Totally Random Sayings Vol 2 with Versafine Clair ink.


2 comments:

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.